What is this policy for?
- Who are the NSPCC?;
- What kinds of information do we collect?;
- What might we use your personal information for?;
- Will we ever contact you without permission?;
- Will we ever give your information to other organisations?;
- What do we do with Direct Debit or Credit Card Information?;
- How should you treat any Password?;
- Am I safe following Links to Other Party’s Websites?;
- What may happen if I post or send inappropriate content?;
- What may happen if I post or send content that I do not own?;
- Where may we store your information?;
- How can you access information we hold on you?;
- How will you know if this Policy has changed?;
- Childline- for under 18s seeking advice – 0800 1111; and
- Helpline – for adults with Child Protection concerns – 0808 800 500
Who are the NSPCC?
We have been protecting children from abuse for over 120 years.
We are the only children's charity in the UK with statutory powers enabling it to act to safeguard children at risk.
Our registered charity numbers are 216401 in England and Wales and SC037717 in Scotland.
What kinds of information do we collect?
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also collect details of your visits to our site, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data and the webpages that you access.
By submitting this personal information you enable us to provide you with the information, services or products you select.
What might we use your personal information for?
When we request your personal information on this site, if we tell you we will use it for a specific purpose then we will only use it for that purpose.
If we don’t tell you we will use it for a specific purpose then we may use it in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, services or products you have requested or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to being contacted;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our site, when you choose to do so, for example, we may help you complete forms by inserting your contact details for you to edit;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our sites by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other internet device; and
- with IP addresses, to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use or to establish the number of visits to the site from different countries.
If you do not want us to use your data in these ways please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Will we ever contact you without permission?
Will we ever give your information to other organisations and where will we store it?
Where you have given us permission to contact you we may allow partner organisations access to some of your personal information so they can contact your on our behalf to offer your our products or services.
What do we do with Direct Debit or Credit Card Information?
Credit card and bank detail information will not be retained on our web servers but will instead be transferred to a secure database (for the purpose of collecting and recording payments).
However, please note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and Shopify (who host this webpage) do follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Am I safe following Links to Other Party’s Websites?
What may happen if I send offensive/inappropriate feedback?
How can you access information we hold on you?
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.